Employment Opportunity: Seasonal/Internships
Title: County Board Office Intern
Posting No.: 0987
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: County Board
Hours: Part-Time: Monday-Friday, up to 25 hours per week between the hours of 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $10.00-$10.50 per hour
DuPage County Government seeks an Intern for the County Board Office. Located 20 miles west of Chicago in northeastern Illinois, DuPage County is a vital part of a major metropolitan area. The primary objective of DuPage County Government is to serve the residents of the County. The importance of serving the public with courtesy and respect is recognized by all employees. The County Government continuously works to provide a wide array of services necessary for its growing population.
• Assist the County Board staff with research and analysis of information as assigned
• Produce written communications and interact with staff and Board Members
• Make revisions to County website under the direction of County Board staff
• Deliver updates on status of projects and prioritize assigned tasks to meet deadlines
• Perform various routine clerical duties (e.g., utilizing standard office equipment, to include: screening incoming calls, taking and transmitting messages, performing data entry, making photocopies)
• Act as counter clerk or receptionist, receiving individuals and, or direct them to the proper location
• Assist the County Board Office with other special projects on an as-needed basis
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Must be actively taking undergraduate or graduate level courses at an accredited institution to obtain an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate degree, or be a recent graduate (within the past year)
• Strong research ability on a variety of topics related to grants, public policy, community programs, and department projects
• Strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as organizational and time management skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products and basic Internet applications
• Flexible and works well with others
• Working knowledge of governmental processes, programs, services and/or resources desired
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer