Employment Opportunity: Additional Opportunities
Title: Forensic Scientist - Forensic Biology/DNA Analyst (Part-Time)
Closing Date: 3/10/2017
Hours: Part-Time: 20 hours per week, no nights or weekends
Salary: Commensurate with experience
February 13, 2017
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: FORENSIC SCIENTIST – Forensic Biology/DNA Analyst (Part-Time)
The DuPage County Forensic Science Center is currently seeking applicants for the position of Forensic Scientist – Forensic Biology/DNA Analyst (Part-Time). The laboratory is located in Wheaton, Illinois, approximately 30 miles west of Chicago, Illinois, and is a state-of-the-art facility that was awarded reaccreditation in 2015 through ASCLD/LAB-International. The mission of the laboratory is to provide quality and timely forensic science services to the criminal justice system of DuPage County and provides analysis in: drug chemistry, trace chemistry, forensic biology and DNA.
• A bachelor's degree or higher in a natural science or a closely related field; academic credentials shall be compliant with the educational requirements required by the FBI Quality Assurance Standards for Forensic DNA Testing Laboratories, including coursework in Human Genetics, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, and Statistics/Population Genetics.
• A minimum of three years’ full-time work experience conducting forensic biology and forensic DNA (STR & Y-STR) analysis and interpretation for an accredited laboratory.
• Working knowledge of computer software: Microsoft Office suite and Adobe PDF.
• Working knowledge of applicable ASCLD/LAB-International accreditation standards.
• Working knowledge of applicable FBI QAS.
• Experience testifying as an expert witness in federal and/or state courts.
• Experience with CODIS software related to entry of DNA casework profiles and searching and evaluating casework candidate matches.
• ABC Certification.
Duties: Conduct tests on criminal evidence for body fluid screening (i.e., blood, semen, saliva) and DNA analysis. Make conclusions and formulate opinions based on examinations performed and report those findings. Review the reports and examinations of other analysts. Testify in court as an expert witness. Other duties as assigned.
Hours: 20 hours per week. No nights or weekends.
Closing Date: Applications should be postmarked no later than March 10, 2017.
Starting Salary: Commensurate with experience (Job Code 2252, Forensic Scientist)
Service: Civilian (non-sworn)
Location: 501 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton, IL 60187
Benefits: Part time employee qualifies for pro-rated holidays and vacation time. For more information, see Employee Policy Manual at www.dupageco.org/HR/EmployeePolicies
Other Information: Selected candidate must provide a DNA sample via a buccal swab, be fingerprinted and pass a security background check.
Please mail or email your cover letter, resume, civilian application for employment (available at http://www.dupagesheriff.org/AboutUs/103/ ) and copy of your college transcript (unofficial transcripts will be accepted) to:
Claire Dragovich – Laboratory Director
DuPage County Forensic Science Center
501 N. County Farm Road
Wheaton, IL 60187
The DuPage County Sheriff’s Office is an equal opportunity employer.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer