Employment Opportunity: General Labor/Maintenance
Title: Water/Wastewater Maintenance Worker
Posting No.: 1108
Closing Date: 5/25/2017
Department: Public Works
Hours: Full-Time: 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m., depending on assignment to include 24-hour rotation, on-call, call out, and overtime as required
Salary: Based Upon Union Contract
There is one (1) position available. The position is located at the Woodridge Greene Valley Wastewater Facility, 7900 S. Rte. 53, Woodridge, IL 60517.
• Maintains, installs, troubleshoots, rebuilds, repairs and replaces various Public Works Facilities equipment (e.g. softeners, plumbing fixtures, actuators, gates, small motors, pumps, piping, etc.)
• Follows department purchasing procedures for ordering parts and material requests
• Provides and maintains water or sewer services to the public
• Flushes, televises, repairs, and performs general maintenance of county owned sewer systems
• Repairs water mains and lift stations and responds to emergency flood control operations, water main breaks, sewer back-ups, lift station problems and hydrant leaks
• Installs and makes repairs to piping and equipment inside water/wastewater treatment management facilities
• Flushes fire hydrants
• Evaluates and quotes jobs to insure quality and cost effectiveness
• Operates heavy equipment (e.g. dump trucks, skid loaders, front end loaders, tankers, etc.)
• Performs and supervises summer help on valve turning and at hydrant locations and mowing and property maintenance
Physical requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and/or arms to operate tools and equipment, climb, crouch or stoop, and lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• The work environment for this position regularly includes working near moving mechanical parts, in precarious places, in outside weather conditions, and with fumes or airborne particles
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Three (3) years of specialized experience in preventative maintenance, wastewater and water collection distribution systems and emergency operations, equipment maintenance
• One (1) year of lead worker responsibilities
• Must have at the time of hire and be able to maintain a valid Illinois Driver’s License
The preferred candidate will have experience with the maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment associated with the water and wastewater industry.
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit of the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 150 and will be required to pay a fair share to the union.
The selected candidate will be required to obtain a Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with an air brakes endorsement within ninety (90) days of employment.
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications for this position accepted until 5/25/2017.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer