Employment Opportunity: Legal/Court Services
Title: Probation Officer Supervisor
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Probation and Court Services
Division: Juvenile and Adult
Salary: $55,852-$93,086 annually
The responsibilities of this position include:
• Develops, organizes and coordinates the work of the Probation Officers in accordance with the Department Mission and Values;
• Provides day-to-day supervision of Probation Officers;
• Directs and trains Probation Officers in division procedures and practices;
• Sets clear job expectations for employees and maintains data and records;
• Demonstrates leadership and encourages professional growth among staff;
• Evaluates and gives feedback on employee work performance;
• Provides staff with resources and training to fulfill work assignments;
• Ensures equitable workload among employees;
• Assists and supports Probation program planning, developing and monitoring;
• Develops collaborative working relationships with peers, other divisions, social service agencies, community groups, and court personnel;
• Serves as a member of the management team and supports departmental policies;
• Identifies and seeks resolution to issues interfering with effective service delivery;
• Participates in educational and crime prevention initiatives and seeks to establish community justice partnerships;
• Participates in interviewing applicants for employment;
• Any other supervisory duties or work deemed necessary for the Department.
Requirements for this position:
The candidate shall have knowledge of modern social service practices and casework philosophy, considerable knowledge of current economic, social and correctional issues; good knowledge of the philosophy and goals of probation programs and court procedures. The candidate should have considerable knowledge of effective management practices such as employee development, motivation and accountability. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
In addition, this candidate shall have working skill in planning, organizing and supervising the work of others, as well as skill in applying State Statutes, Circuit Court rules and Administrative Orders to the delivery of services.
The candidate shall have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in the field of Probation; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. The candidate must meet the physical demands of working in the field and possess a current, valid Driver’s License with the ability to drive.
PLEASE NOTE: For this position EMAIL APPLICATION TO the Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Department of Probation & Court Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer