FY2010 Bond Initiative
INFORMATION SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY UPGRADE
An Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is defined as an integrated set of software applications used to manage tangible assets, financial resources and human resources. This common architecture is designed to facilitate the flow of information between business units. An ERP is built on a central database utilizing a common computing platform. An integrated enterprise system will bring about greater transparency, meeting new accountability demands and the ability for viewers to easily follow the lifecycle of a county contract, increase efficiencies and productivity of staff, manage grants and provide for faster, more accurate government reporting. Future costs will also be reduced through the consolidation of numerous systems and servers into one common platform. Reduction in costs through the elimination of redundant software licenses, and less expensive hardware will also save the county money. If this project is delayed, the county will incur increased software and hardware support costs due to the need to continue servicing obsolete systems.
Project Cost: $6.4 million
- Request for Proposal was posted on DemandStar on Nov. 9, 2011
- Pre-Proposal meeting was held on Nov. 18, 2011. View a video of the meeting
- Proposals were received in January, 2012 and the proposals are currently being evaluated.
- Demonstrations were held in April by a number of vendors and feedback is being evaluated.
- The DuPage County Citizen's ERP Advisory Group was created to provide insights into ERP implementations.
- The first meeting was held on July 17th at 6 p.m. in room 3500-B at 421 N. County Farm Road.
- PowerPoint Presentation
- County Board Member Brian Krajewski, County Staff: Don Carlsen, Tom Cuculich, Debbie Hanson, Sandy Modesitt, Joan Morange, Tim Trotter
- Citizens: Ever De Guzman, Shouvik Dutta, Ed Earl, Dan Fallon, Stuart Hannay, David Huizinga, David LaRue, Sandeep Nain, Harold Richards
- The second meeting was held on October 30th at 6:30 p.m. in room 3500-B.
- The third meeting will be held on March 12th at 6:30 p.m. in room 3500-B.
- A contract was awarded in November, 2012 for the purchase of Lawson software with implementation to be performed by Ciber. Work began in December, 2012.