Animal Investigations & Complaints
Whom Should I Call With Animal-Related Complaints?
DuPage County Animal Services Officers enforce state and county animal control and welfare laws in unincorporated areas of DuPage County. These laws are designed to:
- Protect citizens & pets from rabies and other health hazards, neglect, inhumane treatment, and abuse
- Protect citizens from intimidation and injury from dogs and other animals
- Enforce compliance to State and Local laws
- Encourage responsible pet ownership
Animal Services investigates complaints in UNINCORPORATED areas of the County. The types of complaints we respond to include:
- Animal bites to humans and pets
- Public safety concerns
- Animal neglect and cruelty
- Domestic and Wildlife in peril
Making a Complaint about an Domestic or Wildlife Animal in DuPage County
Please complete a complaint form to report domestic and wildlife issues in Unincorporated DuPage County.
Contact your local Police Department to report animal related concerns within the city and/or village.
What do I do if an Animal Bites me?
Any time a domestic animal bites a human, it must be observed for rabies by a veterinarian. Wild animals that bite humans must be euthanized and tested for disease.
- Call the local Police Department, Animal Control, and/or Hospital
- Seek medical attention, advise your physician, or contact the DuPage County Health Department