Community Services Block Grant Scholarship
The Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) Scholarship is designed, in cooperation with the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, to provide financial assistance to low-income and disadvantaged persons of high academic attainment or
potential, with preference given to applicants of racial or ethnic minorities. Scholarships will go toward providing formal education or occupational training in an accredited Illinois educational institution to CSBG-eligible clients, with particular
consideration given to study in high technology areas or other growth occupations. Education and training made possible through the scholarships include either general education to achieve short-term training (2 years or less) in growth occupation
skills, or general post-secondary education. This is a competitive scholarship. Not all applicants who are eligible will be chosen as a recipient. The Scholarship Committee of the CSBG Administrative Board will determine the recipients and forward
their recommendations to the full board.
- CSBG income-eligible, see enclosed guidelines below
- DuPage County resident.
- Enrolled or accepted at an Illinois accredited higher educational or occupational training institute
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- This award will be retracted if it causes a reduction in any other financial aid
- This award will be retracted if not utilized entirely for educational related purposes
- If you are pursuing a master’s degree or attending a professional school, do not apply.
- Staff will communicate with the applicant only.
CSBG Income Guidelines
|Household Number||Yearly Income||3 Months Income||1 Month Income|
For each additional person add: $5,520 yearly or $460 monthly