Special Services - Pharmacy
The DuPage Care Center is one of only two facilities in the state that offers a full range of on-site pharmaceutical services to the residents of the facility. The center employs three full-time pharmacists.
These services include:
- Licensed personnel available on the premises Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Registered pharmacists on-call 24 hours a day
- Unit dose medication dispensing
- IV Admixture Service
- Consulting pharmacy services, including:
- monthly drug regimen review
- education of residents and staff regarding appropriate drug use
- adverse drug reaction monitoring
- medication error monitoring
- psychotropic drug monitoring
- pharmacokinetic dosing
- Monthly printing of statements for residents or responsible parties to submit to their insurance companies