Job Details for 1464 - Micro Computer Support Analyst
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Under direction; performs work of considerable difficulty in providing programming and support for county micro- computer users; performs related work as required.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
This position involves the coordination of a full range of services for micro computer users including procurement/service analysis, installation, enhancement, programming and support for applications and equipment. An individual in this class corrects problems and addresses specific user needs regarding the use of software and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by positions in this class.
• Installs new equipment and enhancements by performing equipment interfacing and network configurations
• Tests and debugs installations
• Instructs user(s) on accessing all applications installed
• Verifies malfunctioning equipment and determines appropriate course of action
• Analyzes needs for software
• Obtains price, availability and compatibility information
• Places orders for equipment and repairs with outside vendors
• Verifies equipment purchased or repairs made are as quoted and ordered
• Investigates and resolves discrepancies regarding charges with all purchases and repairs
• Maintains records of network configurations, location changes and/or correct problem(s) and designs programs that are self-explanatory and easily maintained
• Creates and updates documentation for programs
• Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Adjusts work assignment or schedule in the event of an emergency to participate in emergency preparedness, response and recovery activities as assigned.
• Depending on assignment, may require emergency management training, licensure or certifications.
• Performs related duties as required or assigned within job classification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Information technology practices, methods, principles and techniques relative to the application and operation of a high speed computer center complex
• Internal operation and software interface capabilities
• Micro-computer hardware and software
• Programming, problem solving, block diagramming and flow charting
• Current office practices, procedures, and equipment
• County policies and procedures
• Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes
• Translating or expressing technical machine functions of electronic information technology systems into non-technical terms
• Performing equipment interfacing and network configurations
• Reasoning logically regarding operational aspects of information technology applications and functions of a computer complex
• Documenting programs and maintaining records
• Using computer hardware and software including work processing, spreadsheets, databases, email, etc.
• Applying an acquired knowledge of procedures, rules, regulations, and services of office to which assigned
• Develop innovative methods to achieve desired results
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Carry out instructions furnished in writing, oral or diagram form, and to produce desired outcomes timely and completely
• Applies standard project management methodologies within projects along with following change management processes
• Communicate and use interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
• Manage projects and multiple priorities simultaneously
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with department and division staff, other departments and others, such as vendors
• Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations and statutory requirements
• Convey excellent oral and written communication
• Work effectively under stress
• Maintain confidentiality
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and one year of experience primarily in micro-computer set-up and operations; ; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work will occur in an office and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS