Job Details for 1483 - Web Technician
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Under direction; performs work of moderate difficulty in web maintenance; and performs related work as required.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
An employee in this class is responsible for the appearance of the departmental web site; work involves the ability to communicate with consultants and other departments to improve the quality of the department web site; provides technical support to end users; direction is received from the Department Head/ Elected Official.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by positions in this class.
• Coordinates, updates and maintains content of the departmental web pages
• Coordinate changes to department web site with consultants and other County Departments
• Activates, monitors and tracks user accounts on department web site
• Processes user requests and resolves user issues
• Review test site, authorizes changes and repairs error notices related the department web site
• Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Adjusts work assignments and schedules in the event of an emergency to participate in emergency preparedness, response, and recovery activities as assigned.
• Depending on assignment may maintain required emergency management training, licensure and/or certifications.
• Performs related duties as required or assigned within job classification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Web based systems and maintenance
• Electronic document management
• Current office practices, procedures and equipment
• County policies and procedures
• Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes
• Using a personal computer, applicable software and peripheral equipment
• Using computer hardware and software including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email, etc.
• Applying an acquired knowledge of procedures, rules, regulations and services applicable to the assigned office
• Manage projects and multiple priorities simultaneously
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with department and division staff, other departments and others, such as vendors
• Communicate and use interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
• Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations
• Convey excellent oral and written communication
• Work effectively under stress
• Maintain confidentiality
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field and five years of experience in the design and production of web-based systems; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position is typically office or administrative work and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS