FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Under general supervision; performs work of considerable difficulty in support of DuPage County’s Cellular and wireline voice infrastructure. Performs related work as required.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
An employee in this class is responsible for the provisioning, deployment, repair / replacement, inventory, ordering, end user technical assistance, and training on all cellular devices. Maintains a high level of knowledge on cellular technologies, products, services, and trends consistent with their front line responsibility. Has direct contact with the cellular provider customer support and sales personnel. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Telecommunications Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by positions in this class.
• Provides Countywide support for cellular service
• Utilizes vendor portals for the management and maintenance of voice services
• Accountable for cellular inventories, audits and break-fix requests
• Responsible for third party telecommunications applications and deployments
• Participates in cellular and wireline telecommunications special projects and meetings
• Maintains accurate cellular and wireline databases as required
• Utilizes Help Desk ticketing system to fulfill customer requests for cellular or wireline service, accessories and upgrades
• Ensures privacy regulations are followed when reviewing proprietary IT Telecommunications information
• Provides call accounting usage reports for cellular and landline service as required by County departments
• Assists with activities and duties relating to the current wireline telecommunications system
• Assists with activities and duties specific to VOIP unified communications system
• Stays current with Telecomm technology and infrastructure
• Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Adjusts work assignments and schedules in the event of an emergency to participate in emergency preparedness, response, and recovery activities as assigned.
• Depending on assignment may maintain required emergency management training, licensure and/or certifications.
• Performs related duties as required or assigned within job classification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Critical cellular application air-watch enrollment / deployment
• Microsoft Office suite products
• Centralized faxing applications and functionality
• Current office practices, procedures, and equipment
• County policies and procedures
• Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes
• Time Management
• Customer service
• Written and verbal communication
• Using computer hardware and software including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email, etc.
• Applying acquired knowledge of procedures, rules, regulations and services applicable to the assigned area of responsibility
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with department and division staff, other County agency staff, and vendors
• Manage projects and multiple priorities simultaneously
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with department and division staff, other departments and others, such as vendors
• Communicate and use interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
• Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations and statutory requirements
• Convey excellent oral and written communication
• Work effectively under stress
• Maintain confidentiality
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Completion of an Associate’s degree and three years of experience with cellular technology including implementation services and maintenance of cellular phones; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Light Work: Exerting up to 25 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than for sedentary work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position is typically office or administrative work and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS