Job Details for 1436 - Information Technology Applications Team Lead
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Under general direction; performs work of considerable difficulty in analysis, development and support of applications; leads and supports an application support team on a day to day basis.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
This position is of a high-level professional nature; works closely with departments and Elected officials to understand their needs and utilize technology solutions to help them reach their goals and objectives; responsible for managing projects to keep on time and on budget. Uses their expertise to provide direction and guidance to a team of programmers and analyst staff. General direction is received from an Application Services Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by positions in this class.
• Gather and analyze business requirements
• Communicate with key staff to understand the business needs and identify data output required for each area
• Work with IT staff to design applications around the most appropriate technology
• Follow established standards and policies
• Provides input to standards and processes where required
• Analysis of processes and solving complex problems
• Conducts research to understand all potential resources available to consider for project
• Involved in presenting assessments and recommendations to key staff
• Develops documentation
• Serve as a project manager and team lead and provide direction to subordinate personnel
• Ensures the support team delivers high performing support service in line with agreed service scope and levels
• Assists with the professional development of team members to enhance skills and cross-training
• Recommend and assist with developing improvements around support processes, tools, standards and the overall performance and level of support provided by the Applications Support team
• Provides assistance to the Applications Development team with testing and deployment of applications/software changes/releases through the change management process
• Provide management information reports to IT management in respect to service levels and support activities
• Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Adjusts work assignments and schedules in the event of an emergency to participate in emergency preparedness, response, and recovery activities as assigned.
• Depending on assignment may maintain required emergency management training, licensure and/or certifications.
• Performs related duties as required or assigned within job classification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• System development life cycle SDLC process
• PMP/PMI process desired
• RFP development process
• Wintel technologies, web-based and client server environment
• Effective supervisory techniques and practices
• Leadership principles
• Current office practices, procedures and equipment
• County policies and procedures
• Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes
• Extensive problem solving
• Leadership principals
• Preparing technical reports and manuals
• Planning, scheduling, assigning and supervising work of others
• Using computer hardware and software including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email, etc.
• Applying an acquired knowledge of procedures, rules, regulations and services applicable to the assigned office
• Manage projects and multiple priorities simultaneously
• Prioritize and assign work
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with department and division staff, other departments and others, such as vendors
• Communicate and use interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
• Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations
• Provide leadership to effectively resolve issues
• Convey excellent oral and written communication
• Work effectively under stress
• Maintain confidentiality
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and a minimum of six years of experience in computer programming and systems work; extensive experience in business process analysis and enterprise applications, i.e. Integrated Justice systems and ERP experience desirable; experience with .NET, Microsoft suite of products including SQL server and Visual basics; and two years of experience in a team lead or supervisory role or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position is typically office or administrative work and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS