Job Details for 5161 - Stormwater Systems Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Under direction, performs work of considerable difficulty in implementing, utilizing and maintaining the Stormwater Management Department’s Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and remote network related systems; performs related work as required.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
This position is responsible for the coordination of technical support regarding the Department’s Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and flood control facilities. This includes analysis, installation, performance, and maintenance of all systems. Work also includes field land surveying and data collection. This position handles a high degree of complexity of technical assignments and lead worker responsibilities. General supervision is received from assigned Senior Project Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by positions in this class.
• Manages and maintains the Geographic Information Systems data infrastructure
• Creates output and provides statistical analysis in support of department projects
• Manages Stormwater GIS staff with database configuration and map creation
• Oversees entry of data into GIS database.
• Manages consultants and other GIS personnel to develop programs.
• Ensures the online flood control facilities are accessible from remote locations. Tests and troubleshoots mechanical infrastructure at facilities. Programs logic controllers and develops SCADA control screen interfaces.
• Installs, tests, implements, and maintains various networks and systems (e.g. physical and virtual servers, SAN environment, SCADA, server and storage backup and restore systems, , etc.) system
• Performs land surveys as needed using GPS systems and land surveying tools
• Operates robotic technology to obtain aerial data for multiple disciplines
• Conducts project analysis and documentation from data collect through robotic technology. Processes imagery and creates visual presentations as needed
• Installs, configures, maintains, documents, troubleshoots and upgrades operating systems as required
• Identifies, diagnoses and resolves hardware and software performance issues
• Communicates with vendors to troubleshoot and assist with system issues as necessary
• Performs and maintains inventory of all remote network, server and related equipment
• Documents remote facility network design, layout and installations
• Documents problems and resolution for future reference
• Evaluate network and server hardware and software systems and make recommendations.
• Manages assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives
• Participates in after-hours flood monitoring and operations as necessary
• Serve as a lead on special projects as assigned
• Prepares operational reports as directed
• Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Adjusts work assignment or schedule in the event of an emergency to participate in emergency preparedness, response and recovery activities as assigned.
• Depending on assignment, may require emergency management training, licensure or certifications.
• Performs related duties as required or assigned within job classification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• GIS and related technical software
• Implementing and administering network devices
• Principles and practices of the IT infrastructure operations
• Computer networking, supervisory control and data acquisition, equipment
• Programmable logic controllers
• Computer software
• Effective administrative management principles
• Basic office practices, procedures and equipment
• Applicable industry standards
• Effective communication, both verbally and in writing
• Preparing technical reports and operating procedures
• Making sound recommendations to improve and optimize network performance
• Analyzing facts and exercising judgment arriving to conclusions
• Learning, assimilating and acting upon large amounts of information rapidly
• Handling and resolving technical problems
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Work independently or as part of a team
• Set and follow priorities
• Research emerging technology and comprehend new technology
• Read, interpret and apply complex technical publications, manuals and other documents
• Carry out instructions furnished in writing, oral or diagram form, and to produce desired outcomes
• Maintain confidentiality
Exercises supervision of personnel in related area of responsibility.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, GIS, or related field and three (3) years of experience in remote network administration, server administration; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work will occur in an office and field environment. While performing the duties and responsibilities the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibrations, loud noise, noxious odors, dusts, poor ventilation, unsanitary conditions, chemical, oils, electricity, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, work space restrictions, intense noises, travel, and other related conditions and situations. Position is typically office or administrative work and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess and maintain in good standing, a valid Illinois driver’s license.