Employment Opportunity: Additional Opportunities
Title: Bilingual Parent Educator (Spanish/English)
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Regional Office of Education
Hours: Full-Time: 12 months, 210 days
• Engage in recruitment activities in the community.
• Plan, deliver and document personal visits for a caseload of approximately 16 families
• Use the PAT Foundational Curriculum to share research based information with families
• Provide family support in a nonjudgmental, reflective, and empathic manner
• Organize and host group connections to give families an opportunity to build social connections
• Complete development screening and health reviews
• Connect families to resources that help to address their needs and reach their goals
• Help parents and children transition to other services as needed, preschool or kindergarten
• Maintain and submit in a timely way all required family and program documentation
• Organize and inventory supplies / materials, etc.
• Participate in at least 2 hours of reflective supervision monthly
• Participate in at least 2 hours of staff meetings monthly
• Obtain competency-based professional development and renew parent educator certification annually
• Participate in continuous quality improvement
• Other activities as assigned
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, social work, health, psychology or a related field
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to establish rapport with families and empower them by building on their strengths
• Strong organizational and record keeping skills
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
• Valid Illinois driver’s license
• Proficiency in technology
A pre-employment background check is required.
PLEASE NOTE: For this position, apply at: www.dupageroe.org/services/job-opportunities
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer