Employment Opportunity: Facilities – Professionals/Technicians
Title: Stationary Engineer
Posting No.: 1856
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Facilities Management
Hours: Full-Time: Tuesday-Saturday 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., position to include holidays and overtime as needed; Full-Time Sunday-Thursday 12:00 a.m.-8:00 a.m., position to include holidays and overtime as needed; Full-Time: Sunday-Thursday 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., position to include holidays and overtime as needed; Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., position to include holidays and overtime as needed
Salary: $63,525 annually
There are four (4) positions open at this time.
• Operates, maintains and repairs all Power Plant, tunnel, and County owned or leased facilities, and related equipment (e.g. high temperature and high pressure hot water generators, high and low pressure steam boilers, high voltage electrical distribution, water softeners, pneumatically or electrically powered equipment, etc.)
• Reads gauges and manipulates valves to control water levels and pressures
• Draws and tests water samples
• Performs scheduled rounds and records necessary readings and data
• Maintains records of work performed and records pertinent information
• Completes preventive maintenance and emergency work orders
• Moves items such as pallets of water softener salt, compressed gas cylinders and other supplies to and from designated storage areas, racks or shelves
• Performs scheduled preventive maintenance and cleaning of equipment
• Maintains inventory and recommends ordering of stock and materials to supervisor
Physical requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, arms, and feet to push, pull and operate tools and equipment, climb, crouch, stoop, crawl and lift, ability to maneuver equipment up to 50 lbs.
• The work environment for this position frequently includes working near moving mechanical parts, in precarious places, with fumes or airborne particles, in cramped or confined spaces, and with potential hazards high temperature hot water/steam, chemicals, refrigerant, and low temperature walk-in refrigerators
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma equivalent and four (4) years of experience as a licensed Stationary Engineer; operating, repairing and maintaining high pressure vessels and related equipment
• Must be licensed as a registered Stationary Engineer by the City of Chicago or other equivalent license
• Must possess and maintain in good standing a valid Illinois Driver’s License
The preferred candidate:
• Will obtain respirator clearance for work with asbestos within one (1) year of hire
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit of the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 399.
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until positions are filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer