Employment Opportunity: Engineering
Title: Civil Engineer
Posting No.: 1879
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Transportation and Highways
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $50,000-$60,000 annually
There is one (1) position open at this time.
• Works as a Resident Engineer on assigned projects which includes supervising the work of contractors to ensure that projects are constructed to the standards and specifications per the contract plans
• Makes field inspections on work in progress and completed projects
• Prepares a variety of scaled, detailed drawings and designs from sketches, computations, field notes and surveys
• Prepares simple to moderately complex drawings and plans for a variety of construction projects such as intersections, highways, sewers, bridges, sidewalks and trails
• Conducts preliminary field studies and prepares designs
• Performs surveys, plots topography, grades and cross-sections from field survey notes
• Reviews roadway grading and drainage plans for conformity to County standards
• Investigates citizen complaints related to engineering problems and recommends solutions
• Coordinates proposed improvements with the state and local agencies and other County departments
• Advises and answers technical questions
• Prepares special and periodic reports
• Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
Physical requirements and work environment:
• The work will occur in an office and field environment. Incumbents may be subjected to dusts, fumes, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, and intense noises
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET) approved program
• This position requires a Valid Driver's License issued by the State of Illinois
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer