Employment Opportunity: Purchasing
Title: Buyer II
Posting No.: 2076
Closing Date: Until Filled
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $46,000-$55,000 annually
There are currently two (2) positions open at this time.
• Works with County staff to explain, identify, and determine appropriate procurement method and incorporate procurement needs into the Request for Proposal, Request for Quotations, or Invitations for Bids for issuance
• Handles the procurement of supplies, equipment and services in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, County ordinances, rules and regulations
• Reviews contract terms and language to ensure compliance with regulatory and procurement policy requirements
• Manages work to meet all necessary approval deadlines for the securing of all goods and services
• Ensures procurement practices are completed in a timely and consistent manner
• Coordinates procurement activities with appropriate staff to determine requirements to purchase requested commodities and services
• Acts to resolve contract disputes, confers with vendors and clients to identify sources of dispute, and works to resolve the dispute
• Performs data entry and administrative duties related to procurement activities
• Reviews and ensures purchasing records are accurately maintained
• Participates in training sessions, staff and other meetings for DuPage County
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Contract Administration, Business Management or a closely related field, along with one year of experience in procurement/contract field or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• A valid Illinois Driver’s License in good standing
• A passing score on a basic Word and intermediate Excel test is required
The preferred candidate will possess:
• Certification by ISM, APICS or UPPCC
• Prior procurement experience within the Public Sector
• Proficient in MS Office, Adobe PDF and an ERP system
• Ability to work with frequent interruptions and successfully manage concurrent projects and deadlines required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until positions are filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer