Employment Opportunity: Additional Opportunities
Title: Housing and Community Development Planner
Posting No.: 1940
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Community Services
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $52,000-$55,000 annually
There is currently one (1) full-time position open at this time.
• Manages and distributes federal entitlement funds given to DuPage County through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program, the HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME), the Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Program, and the Community Development Block Grant-Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) Program
• Manages multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
• Evaluates assigned projects for compliance with environmental, labor, equal opportunity, acquisition/relocation laws, housing quality standards, and income qualification
• Monitors overall project performance for compliance with all applicable federal, state and local policy, contracts, laws, and regulations
• Analyzes project feasibility and cash flow analysis for multi-family housing projects
• Coordinates the needs and input of municipalities and other community stakeholders within countywide plans and programs
• Prepares Environmental Reviews and Records
• Conducts citizen engagement surveys and exercise to obtain appropriate data for estimates and projections for community needs
• Compiles, analyzes and interprets data used in preparing the 5-year Consolidated Plan, Annual Action Plan, and Comprehensive Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER)
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Public or Business Administration, Planning or related field
• One (1) to two (2) years of experience in community development, planning, grant administration, project management or construction escrow administration or related experience
• Must possess and maintain in good standing a valid Illinois Driver’s License
The preferred candidate will have:
• Working knowledge of CDBG, HOME and ESG regulations
• Familiarity with federal procurement requirements and documentation required for federally funded construction projects
THIS IS A GRANT FUNDED POSITION.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer