Employment Opportunity: Additional Opportunities
Title: Civilian Jail Officer
Closing Date: Until Filled
Hours: Full-Time: 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m., 3:00 p.m.-11:30 p.m., 11:00 p.m.-7:30 a.m., (depending on shift assignment), rotating schedule, weekends and holidays, 40 hours per week
Salary: $12.59 per hour or $26,199 annually
DESCRIPTION OF PROVIDER’S WORK:
• Process incoming inmates into the facility
• Complete an initial medical screening on inmates
• Prepare paperwork for bond court
• Communicate with other police agencies regarding wanted subjects through an official Law Enforcement Database (LEADS)
• Assist in processing bond payments for inmates
• Answer phone calls regarding inmates incarcerated in the facility
• Assist in the processing of court paperwork and custody status of inmates housed in the facility
• Assist in management of the housing of current inmates
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma equivalent and six (6) months experience in data entry or security; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job, such as those listed above
• Full-Time position with benefits
• Base pay of $12.59 per hour or $26,199.06 annually
A pre-employment background check and criminal history is required.
PLEASE NOTE: For this position, applications must be from the DuPage County Sheriff’s Office Website (www.dupagesheriff.org/AboutUs/103/) and must include a resume to be considered.
Application and resume can be emailed to email@example.com.
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit of the PBLC Local #501C.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer