Employment Opportunity: Additional Opportunities
Title: Parent Educator - Parents as Teachers (PAT)
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Regional Office of Education
Hours: Full-Time: 12 months, 210 days, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $32,000-$42,000 annually
There is one (1) position open at this time.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Social Work, Health, Psychology or a related field
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to establish rapport with families and empower them by building on their strengths
• Strong organizational and record keeping skills
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
• Valid Illinois Driver’s License
• Proficiency in technology
Parents as Teachers promotes the optimal early development, learning and health of children (birth to three years) by supporting and engaging their parents and caregivers. A Parent Educator implements the Parents as Teachers model by providing personal visits (typically held in the home) emphasizing parent-child interaction, development-centered parenting and family well-being in their work with families. Utilizing the Parents as Teachers Foundational Curriculum in culturally sensitive ways, the Parent Educator partners, facilitates and reflects with families. The Parent Educator must complete the Parents as Teachers Foundational and Model Implementation Trainings before delivering PAT services.
• Engage in recruitment activities in the community
• Plan, deliver and document personal visits for a caseload of approximately 16 families
• Use the PAT Foundational Curriculum to share research based information with families
• Provide family support in a nonjudgmental, reflective, and empathetic manner
• Organize and host group connections to give families an opportunity to build social connections
• Complete development screening and health reviews
• Connect families to resources that help to address their needs and reach their goals
• Help parents and children transition to other services as needed, preschool or kindergarten
• Maintain and submit in a timely way all required family and program documentation
• Organize and inventory supplies/materials, etc.
• Participate in at least 2 hours of reflective supervision monthly
• Participate in at least 2 hours of staff meetings monthly
• Obtain competency-based professional development and renew parent educator certification annually
• Participate in continuous quality improvement
• Other activities as assigned
A pre-employment background check is required.
PLEASE NOTE: Apply at www.dupageroe.org
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer