Employment Opportunity: Finance/Accounting
Title: Senior Account Clerk (Grants)
Posting No.: 2142
Closing Date: Until Filled
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $34,000-$37,000 annually
There is one (1) position open at this time in the Grants Division.
• Performs a variety of complex bookkeeping tasks including the maintenance of fund accounts, general and subsidiary records of considerable size and scope, and central and departmental records involving a number of nonstandard features
• Maintains accurate audit trails, to include preparing, maintaining, and/or verifying a variety of accounting, financial, and statistical records, ledgers, logs, and files
• Gathers, assembles, and tabulates financial data; codes data according to prescribed accounting procedures
• Reviews information to ensure accurate reporting; resolves discrepancies
• Provides customer service to all levels of staff within all County departments
• Establishes and maintains various files and records
• Processes and records billings and accounts payable invoices and documents
• Performs data entry, including but not limited to, posting general ledger receipts and expenditures to various account and fund reconciliations
• Maintains various checking accounts including preparing checks and deposits, entering data into Quicken, and generating Quicken reports for bank reconciliations
• Prepares miscellaneous statistical reports
• Files documents alphabetically, numerically, electronically, or by other prescribed methods
• Performs other bookkeeping tasks as assigned, in addition to primary account clerk duties
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• A High School Diploma or GED
• Two (2) years of experience in bookkeeping and fiscal recordkeeping
This position is dependent on available funding.
A passing score on a basic Word and a basic Excel test is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer