Employment Opportunity: Community/Social Services
Title: Weatherization Program Assessor
Posting No.: 2197
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Community Services
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $45,000-$50,000 annually
The Illinois Home Weatherization Program (IHWAP) is designed to help low income residents; particularly the elderly, persons with disabilities, and families with children, save energy and reduce utility bills, while increasing the comfort of their homes.
There is currently one (1) position open at this time.
• Inspects and assesses residential and multi-family homes for conformance with County ordinances, building codes, and IHWAP program guidelines
• Conducts health and safety and energy efficiency audits
• Performs combustion safety tests and blower door diagnostic tests
• Prepares written assessments and maintains detailed inspection reports and records
• Enters data and calculates most economical and functional methods to correct deficiencies
• Utilizes energy modeling software to create work orders
• Coordinates efforts with contractors to assure work is performed as directed and in accordance with IHWAP field standards
Physical requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may exert up to 50 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body
• The work will occur in an office and field environment. While performing the duties and responsibilities the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibrations, loud noise, noxious odors, dusts, poor ventilation, unsanitary conditions, chemicals, oils, electricity, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, work space restrictions, intense noises, travel, and other related conditions and situations
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Two years of college coursework in accounting or business administration
• One year of experience working in one of the construction fields; zoning code enforcement, engineering or related field
• Must possess and maintain in good standing a valid Illinois Driver’s License
The preferred candidate will possess or have the ability to obtain these certifications within one year of hire:
• IHWAP Training and Certification Program (TCP)
• Energy Auditor Certificate issued by the State of Illinois
• Building Performance Institute (BPI) Certification
• Energy Auditor (EA) Certification
• Quality Control Inspector (QCI) Certification
THIS IS A GRANT FUNDED POSITION.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer