Employment Opportunity: Healthcare – Professionals/Technicians
Title: Certified Nursing & Rehabilitation Aide
Posting No.: 2192
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Care Center
Hours: Full-Time: Schedules Vary - 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., including weekends and holidays or Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Salary: $28,500-$30,500 annually
There are 3 (three) positions open at this time.
• Assists in evaluating, writing, and administering restorative programs (e.g. walking, transfers, bed mobility, etc.) on and individual basis as directed by a registered nurse
• Administers rehabilitative and maintenance programs (e.g. hydrotherapy, range of motion, resistive exercises, etc.) on a group or individual basis as developed by a physical therapist
• Administers health and fitness training with the appropriate devices such as canes, walkers, etc.
• Assists in the bowel and bladder programs
• Acts as a team leader for the Certified Nursing Aides on the unit in carrying out activities of daily living (ADL) programs and subsequent documentation
• Assists in instructing residents, family members, and staff on necessary exercise programs and rehabilitation techniques
• Observes and reports any physical changes in a resident’s condition
• Takes and documents vital signs
• Documents quarterly progress notes on residents and keeps daily attendance records
• Develops, prepares and enters activities of daily living (ADL) restorative programs into the computer
• Assists in developing care plans and entering into the computer system
• Assists in completing sections of the Minimum Data Set (MDS) and entering those sections into the computer system
• Documents necessary information for staffing meetings
• Participates in departmental meetings, patient care conferences and in-services training sessions
• Assists the Clinical Staff Educator in facilitating continuing education to the CNA staff
• Assists in the maintenance, storage, use, and cleaning of supplies and equipment
• Assists in assigning wheelchairs to residents
• Transports residents to and from the unit
• Greets visitors and directs them to residents
• Assists in the tracking of the Resource Utilization Group (RUGS) categories from completion to billing
• Depending on assignment, may act as CNA and provide resident care (e.g. changes, feeds, bathes residents, etc.)
Physical requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands and/or arms to administer therapy programs, crouch or stoop, and lift and transfer up to 50 pounds independently on a continual basis
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience
• Completion of a High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma and two years of experience as a Certified Nurse’s Aide
• Completion of the State of Illinois Certified Nurse’s Aide Training program and a passing score on the State of Illinois Competency test; registered as active with a clear record on the State of Illinois registry, and a Certified Rehabilitation Nursing Assistant (CNRA) certification
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit of AFSCME, Council 31.
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer