Employment Opportunity: Community/Social Services
Title: Supervised Parenting Time/Exchange Coordinator
Posting No.: 2221
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Community Services
Hours: Part-Time: Wednesday 12:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m., Friday 3:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m., Saturday 8:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Sunday 2:45 p.m.-8:15 p.m.
Salary: $25.91-$29.74 per hour
This position will be located at the Family Center, 422 N. County Farm Rd., Wheaton, IL 60187. There are two (2) positions open at this time.
• Provide neutral exchange services, parent education and/or supervised parenting time at the Family Center for court-ordered families to establish, maintain or enhance parent-child relationships
• Develop/write narrative court reports
• Prepare and maintain client records
• Participate in supervision and staff meetings
Physical requirements and work environment:
• Some travel to an off-site facility or building in all weather conditions
• The work environment frequently includes working with children in a child friendly environment, or in a court room addressing a judge, attorneys, and court staff
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a Master's Degree with a major in Social Work, Psychology, or related field
• Two years of work experience in child/family social services or related field
The preferred candidate will:
• Be licensed or license eligible as a Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) or Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
• Have the ability to read, write and speak fluently in Spanish
• Have working knowledge of the court/legal system, family theory and dynamics, family law, domestic relations court, mediation, child development and the effects of divorce/separation on families, how to handle high-conflict client interactions, and experience working with cases of domestic violence and orders of protection
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until positions are filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer