Employment Opportunity: Support Services
Title: Support Services: Housekeeper I
Posting No.: 9001
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Care Center
Hours: Full-Time and Part-Time positions: Weekday and weekend hours to include holidays as scheduled, scheduled hours can be flexible
Salary: $10.92 per hour
WE ARE WILLING TO TRAIN!
There are currently Full-Time and Part-Time positions available.
Housekeeper I responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Clean hallways, restrooms, and resident rooms following the prescribed cleaning procedures of the department, and passing meal trays to residents
• Disinfect surfaces, sweep, mop, polish furniture, change bed linens, empty garbage, etc.
Physical requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, squat, kneel, climb ladders and stairs, use hands to push, pull and operate cleaning tools and equipment, reach with hands and/or arms overhead and horizontally, uses hands for repetitive tasks, crouch or stoop, and lift and move a maximum of 50 lbs.
• The work environment for this position regularly includes tasks that occur indoors in a temperature controlled environment, on surfaces such as ceramic tile, vinyl tile, concrete wood or commercial carpeting. Employees may occasionally perform functions outdoors on concrete, asphalt, grass, or gravel. The employee may have to function on potentially unstable structures (ladders and / or step stools) on uneven surfaces (outdoors on concrete, asphalt, grass or gravel) and on surfaces of varying heights such as stairs, steps, ladders or stepstools. Tasks may require personal protective equipment including latex or vinyl gloves and safety glasses.
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma or demonstrated relevant work experience
• High School students encouraged to apply. Must be able to meet all requirements of the employment process
• Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit of AFSCME, Council 31.
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until positions are filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer