Employment Opportunity: Additional Opportunities
Title: Recreation Therapy Aide
Posting No.: 2317
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Care Center
Hours: Part-Time: 10 hours weekly, Saturday 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., Every other Sunday 12:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
Salary: $12.85-$14.00 per hour
• Protect wander risk residents from exiting assigned programs, and monitor behaviors and fall risk residents
• Assess resident’s skills and interests and plan and conduct leisure activities accordingly
• Provide individualized attention and encouragement in the involvement of activities
• Assist with in-house transportation, feeding and other personal needs of the residents on outings
• Assist in the maintenance and storage of special equipment for recreational activities
• Document attendance for individualized resident activities
Physical requirements and the work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exerting up to 10 pounds of force and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body
• This position regularly includes working with residents. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to quiet
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma equivalent and six (6) months of experience in recreation therapy, using a variety of specialized arts, crafts, music or recreational activities
• CNA certificate is preferred
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit of AFSCME, Council 31.
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer