Paying Real Estate Taxes In Person
For your convenience, our two drop boxes will be available May 1, 2021 and
will remain open through October 29, 2021. The main drop box is located in the
south parking lot of the DuPage County Administration Building at 421 N. County
Farm Road, Wheaton, IL. A second drop box is located in the inside lobby on the
east side of the Administration Building.
AT THE OFFICE
may be made in the office of the DuPage County Treasurer either by cash, check,
Visa, MasterCard, Discover or debit card. The office is located at 421 N. County
Farm Road, Wheaton, IL.
- A credit card convenience fee of 2.10% of
the payment amount (with a minimum charge of $3.00) will be added to your credit
card account by the third party processor for the payment.
PIN-based debit card transactions, a convenience fee of $3.00 will be added to
- No portion of either convenience fee is retained
by DuPage County.
Personal or business checks will not be accepted
by the DuPage County Treasurer after October 29, 2021. A certified check, money
order or cash is required after that date.
IMPORTANT PAYMENT OPTIONS
- The penalty for late payment of real estate taxes is
added at the rate of 1.5% of the tax amount due per month.
- To avoid
having your name, property index number, and tax amount listed in a delinquent tax publication during the week of October 18th, the total amount due for the
2020 taxes must be received in our office by October 8, 2021.
of the 2020 real estate tax bill after October 29, 2021, must be made by
cashier’s check, money order or cash.
- Credit/debit card payments will
also be accepted in person till end of business day November 15, 2021.
- An additional charge of $10.00 will be collected beginning October 26, 2021 on each unpaid bill to cover the delinquent tax publication and certified
- To prevent your real estate taxes being sold at the
Tax Sale, the full amount owed for your real estate taxes including penalties
and cost must be received in our office no later than 4:30 pm on Wednesday,
November 17, 2021.
- The annual real estate Tax Sale will begin on
Thursday, November 18, 2021..