skip to main content
The County of DuPage
Wheaton, Illinois

Uncashed Checks Claim Form

How to request a replacement check from the Treasurer's Office

If you found your name on the list of uncashed checks and if you would like a replacement check issued, please read and follow these instructions:

Please note that by law we are required to issue replacement checks in the name of the original payee(s) only.

  1. Click on the Instructions link below. Print out the Pdf file containing instructions on how to obtain a replacement check, read them and then go to Item 2.
  2. After you have read the instructions, click on the Uncashed Check Replacement Form link below. You can download the Pdf file to your computer. It can be completed electronically and saved on your computer, or you can print out the file and complete the form manually.
  3. Sign and have the Uncashed Check Replacement Form notarized, if necessary (see the Instructions), in the space provided at the bottom left of the form.
  4. Mail the original (copies are not acceptable) Uncashed Check Replacement Form to the DuPage County Treasurer's Office at the address below:

Gwen Henry, CPA
DuPage County Treasurer
Attn: Uncashed Checks
421 N. County Farm Rd.
Wheaton, IL 60187

Instructions (PDF) 

Uncashed Check Replacement Form (PDF) 

Search Uncashed Checks