DuPage County Division of Transportation frequently publishes mutli-year and long range transportation plans. Plans and various reports are published below. For more information about the plans and documents located here, please contact John Loper, Chief Transportation Planner, at 630.407.6882 or e-mail email@example.com.
The following are published plans. Documents that are in draft form are included here as part of the DOT's requirement for public hearings.
2021 Long Range Transportation Plan - Full Document - DRAFT
- 2021 Long Range Transportation Plan - Executive Summary - DRAFT
- 2021 Long Range Transportation Plan Chapter 1 - Existing Conditions - DRAFT
- 2021 Long Range Transportation Plan Chapter 2 - Public Outreach - DRAFT
- 2021 Long Range Transportation Plan Chapter 3 - Plan Vision and Goals - DRAFT
- 2021 Long Range Transportation Plan Chapter 4 - Future Needs Analysis - DRAFT
- 2021 Long Range Transportation Plan Chapter 5 - Financial Plan - DRAFT
- 2021 Long Range Transportation Plan Chapter 6 - Capital Plan - DRAFT
- 2021 Long Range Transportation Plan Chapter 7 - Implementation - DRAFT
DuPage County Comprehensive Road Improvement Plan - DRAFT
DuPage County 2015-2025-2040 Land Use Assumptions (2018)
The following are current planning reports and presentations related to projects, corridor studies, and analyses conducted by the DOT.
I-294 Central Tri-State Interchange Study (2018)
The DuPage County Transportation Planning Group provides the following transportation-related information:
- Long Range Transportation Planning
- Traffic Counts
- Traffic Forecasts
- Traffic Impact Assessment
- Transportation System Performance Measures
- Transportation Capital Planning and Programming
- Roadway, Signal and Highway Inventory
- Safety Studies and Assessments
DuPage County performs annual traffic counts at midblock and intersection locations. These counts have been organized into reports that are provided through the Division of Transportation's web page. Information provided includes turn movements, hourly
and directional travel, adjusted average daily counts and vehicle classification information. The link for that page is provided below:
The Illinois Department of Transportation also provides traffic information to the public. Links to the IDOT site can be found below:
Traffic Forecasts and Traffic Impact Assessment
DuPage County Transportation Planning performs regular updates to its traffic forecasting model. The traffic model is used primarily for assessment of development impact related to the Impact Fee program but has utility outside that program in terms of analyzing land use and development
impacts on corridor and sub-area traffic system performance. Transportation planning staff regularly performs site related traffic impact assessment and traffic signal system analysis on County Highways and will review private traffic impact assessments related to access and signal permits. For more
details on access permits and requirements, please see the
DOT Permitting page.
Transportation System Performance Measures
DuPage County staff performs regular evaluations of its highway system and produces reports on travel time, delay, intersection and roadway levels of service and more.